Thursday, November 12, 2009

A bump as big as a young cockerel's stone

Yesterday the list was to begin, or rather my journey through the list was to begin. However, after heading to my personal library (an Ikea bookshelf in the spare bedroom) to get my copy of Nineteen Eighty-Four, I encountered my first, of what hopefully isn't too many, speed bump. My copy of Orwell's classic is missing the first fifteen pages. Sure, I'm familiar with the story and everything, and wouldn't have any trouble skipping the first few pages, it would always be in the back of my mind. I can picture myself talking about having completed the list, when someone brings up the fact that I didn't read the first fifteen pages of Nineteen Eighty-Four. The scandal would no doubt rock the literary world. So, to keep out of Hello! magazine, I've decided to start with something different.

Now begins my first trip to the local library, in search of the first step of my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment