Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The Final Twenty-Five Books

Yesterday I wrote of my planned reading list, but didn't mention what it was. Since I've spent countless hours planning this reading order, I figure I should share it. It will be a road map of sorts for the next year of my reading.

A lot of the order is because I own nine of the final 25 books, so they all find themselves in the final 10. I also wanted to be sure to space out the more difficult reads, which right now I am anticipating to be Gravity's Rainbow, Call it Sleep, and A Dance to the Music of Time. Not only are these three quite lengthy, but I also just have a feeling they will be quite taxing reads.

To ease the pain, so to speak, of reading these tomes, I have followed them with books I anticipate to go quite quickly. Two of the remaining books that I've previously read, Lord of the Flies and To Kill a Mockingbird, will follow Gravity's Rainbow and A Dance to the Music of Time respectively. And I plan for Watchmen to follow Call it Sleep.


Other than that, there isn't any real rhyme or reason to the order, and of course it's all quite flexible at the end of the day. Other than the final three, which have been the planned final three almost since day one of this project.

The planned order for the final 25:

76. A House for Mr. Biswas
77. The Golden Notebook
78. Wide Sargasso Sea
79. Gravity's Rainbow
80. Lord of the Flies

81. A Handful of Dust
82. White Noise
83. Pale Fire
84. Invisible Man
85. A Clockwork Orange
86. At Swim-Two-Birds
87. An American Tragedy
88. Death of the Heart
89. Call it Sleep
90. Watchmen

91. A Dance to the Music of Time
92. To Kill a Mockingbird
93. A Death in the Family
94. The Confessions of Nat Turner
95. Neuromancer
96. Loving
97. Dog Soldiers
98. A Passage to India
99. Never Let Me Go
100. Nineteen Eighty-Four


And after that, comes the difficulty in picking what to read next!


No comments:

Post a Comment