Saturday, November 20, 2010

But then renew I could not, like the moon;

I'm heading out of town tomorrow, to spend a week in New York and Philadelphia watching hockey.  In my preparation, I'm first off, trying to finish On the Road, which I should be able to do today as I only have about fifty pages left.  Secondly, I've been making sure I don't have any overdue books out and that everything is renewed until I get back.

When I went online to do this, I discovered Gone with the Wind has a hold on it, and therefore cannot be renewed.  That's okay, as I didn't plan on reading it for at least a month, as it is scheduled to be my 30th entry.  And, since I was heading to the library anyway, I decided to return The Adventures of Augie March by Saul Bellow and The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner.  As I mentioned in my last post, I'm not going to read two books from by the same author in the same half.  I've already read a Faulkner book, Light in August, and I'm planning to read Herzog, by Bellow, after I've finished On the Road.

I'm taking two books with me (unless I don't finish On the Road, then it'll be three books), while I'm away, as I can usually get quite a bit of reading done on a trip.  I'll start with the above mentioned Herzog and then move to Play it as it Lays after that.  Neither look too daunting, so hopefully I can finish the first and put a good dent in the second before I return to Calgary.  After that, I'm thinking I'll finally tackle Gravity's Rainbow, which I've had on loan from the library since September.

No comments:

Post a Comment