Tuesday, September 7, 2010

O, 'tis the sun that maketh all things shine

I spent the weekend in the mountains, which is why I had been able to finish Lucky Jim so quickly.  If only I could spend more time on vacation, I could probably finish this list in less than four years!  Anyway, I had made sure to bring two books with me on this little trip, in case I was able to finish the first.  In this case, the second book was to be  I, Claudius, which I had picked up from the library at the same time.  However, despite have placed the book in a prominent position near the door, to make sure I didn't forget it, it somwhow didn't make it into my bag.  I was now faced with over 24 hours in the mountains without anything from The List to read.

It was then I remembered the bookshelf in my room, which was filled with an assortment of fiction and non-fiction books, including an old copy of The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway.  The List would be able to continue unabashed for the rest of the weekend.

I've liked all the Hemingway books I've read in the past, and this is one of the few I haven't read.  So this should not only allow me to continue to read, but also to continue to make good progress, as I expect to like this one as well, and naturally I read books I enjoy a little faster.  I, Claudius will have to be #18.

No comments:

Post a Comment