Monday, February 1, 2010

For what I have I need not to repeat

I'm now back in Calgary, my Egyptian odyssey over. It was a great trip, with lots to see and do. However, the best part I guess, was that I finished two books and started a third, all in two weeks. Okay, Light in August took almost a month to read, but you get the idea.

On my flight from London to Calgary, I started my sixth book on the list, F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby. I originally read this book in high school, and enjoyed it thoroughly. As I've said earlier, I'm not sure why I've spent the last ten years avoiding fiction, as I usually enjoy most of the books I read.

So, this will mark the second book in a row I've read, that I'd already read before starting the list. These were supposed to be ready about every fifteen to twenty books, but I've needed to make up all the time lost from Light in August and Naked Lunch, so I'm already in reruns. But it's only two books, and then I can get back to the fresh material.

No comments:

Post a Comment